Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quick Update

Today I bought a few items for the Rally. The first was the Panasonic SDR-SW20 which is a cheap almost HD quality video camera with no real bells and whistles besides the waterproof casing and the ability to withstand dust and a minor 5ft drop.

I then got a Wolverine FlashPac to unload the info of the SDHC cards from both the camera, video camera and GPS.

Finally I picked up the Garmin eTrek Vista HCX handheld GPS unit that will allow me to atleast have a direction in the chaos of Africa. So, hopefully I can document this epic adventure.


On top of these orders, the DeathTrap had docked in Felixstowe, UK and is waiting for us to pick it up. The Visas are on their way and fund raising is ramping up quickly. We have a few more buys but for the most part we will have everything Rock-n-Roll for the 15th.

Also, I went and downloaded some GPS maps of Africa from Tracks4Africa and will be able to put these maps into the Garmin and atleast have some major roads to navigate our route by. Pretty sweet.

2 comments:

Cortney Walleston said...

are these gadgets bandit proof?
are YOU bandit proof?

Anonymous said...

I just bought this deet/100% bandit proof body spray. It allows me to be so fresh and so clean while maintaining a health balance of nutrition and bug proofness.