Friday, May 23, 2008

Buttoned up and packaged to ship

The epic adventures of finishing the Deathtrap! I spent the last 2 weeks up till midnight on average to get the bug shipped. I ended up doing a whole lot of work. I guess I will start with a list to keep it somewhat organized. This is in no means the order in which it was puit together, I will start from front to back.
Under the hood
1) I made a battery trap for two batteries
2) I put in a new glove box (plastic is the way of the future)
3) Honk honk, new horn.
4) Put in new front shocks
5) Installed a new master brake cylinder
In the cockpit
1) Roll cage was added
2) 12V cigarette lighter
3) Fog light switch
4) A/C (12V fan that OSCILLATES!!!)
5) 32gallon gas tank
6) Floor panel where there was a flinstone style braking hole
7) 4 way battery switch (Bat1, Bat2, Both, Off)
8) 3 Way gas valve (Gas tank 1 or 2)
9) primer bulb on extra gas tank
10) Routed the intake into the cabin
11) Rack for 4-20L water tanks
Roof
1) Roof rack with spare tire mount
2) Fog lights
Rear end
1) Engine overhaul
2) New plugs, wires, top end, distributor
3) Rebuilt carbs
4) Added polyurethan mounts for transaxle
Body
1) Thatcher ended up pin stripping the bug all 70s style

The pics!


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha it sounds like when hoffer got the focus and you could hear it putt-putting away.